Short-term Faculty Exchange Program
Meet the first cohort of inspiring faculty who will participate in the program during the spring semester of 2017
Second Edition Short-term Faculty Exchange Program Call for Proposals
Deadline: March 17th, 2017
The purpose of this program is to match faculty members from institutions in Mexico, Canada, and the United States who will collaborate in the partial design and teaching of a course. Each professor will be expected to travel to each of the other two institutions for a week at a time during the Fall 2017 semester. In that week the professor will teach a class, meet with other faculty members in order to discuss future projects, give an open lecture to the community, etc. Sending institutions are expected to cover the cost of the flights for their own professor and accommodations and meals for visiting professors. An institutional support form is required.
Expose students to international faculty members, promote internationally aware curriculums, promote joint teaching programs, integrate activities with students from universities in different countries, open doors to possibilities for future collaborations.
How it works:
- CONAHEC member institutions interested will be responsible for reaching out to different faculties and schools within their own institution to identify faculty members interested in participating.
- Once identified, interested faculty members should send a proposal to CONAHEC using the form below by March 17th, 2017
- Joint proposals from universities who wish to collaborate are also welcome.
- CONAHEC will identify similar project proposals and will then notify the respective institutions by mid April, 2017.
- The group of collaborating faculty members will design the syllabus and activities for their course. A preliminary plan will be sent to CONAHEC by July 1st, 2017.
- Selected faculty members will participate in the short-term faculty exchange between August and December 2017.
Only complete proposals that include a signed institutional support letter will be considered.
Please contact Gabriela Valdez (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions.